- Manning & Napier reports decline in Q3 economic net income
Manning & Napier Inc. reported third-quarter economic net income of $13.4 million, or 16 cents an adjusted share, compared with economic net income of $17.3 million, or 21 cents an adjusted share this time a year ago.
- GM facility here earns Energy Star recognition
Rochester’s General Motors Components Holdings LLC was one of 16 General Motors Co. facilities to earn recognition from the Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star Program.
- Ultralife sales rise, net income flat
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday an increase in third-quarter sales, due in part to higher sales in its communications systems’ business and an $11 million acquisition completed in January.
- Gannett posts net loss, shares fall
Gannett Co. Inc., the parent of the Democrat & Chronicle and D&C Digital, on Thursday reported a third-quarter net loss of $24.2 million, compared with a profit of $39.2 million, a year earlier.
- New Media Investment Group reports decline in Q3 net income
New Media Investment Group Inc. reported Thursday a decline in third-quarter net income. As reported last month, New Media acquired the Rochester Business Journal Inc. in the fourth quarter.
- Rochester Chamber Top 100 announced; Hamilton Stern No. 1
Hamilton Stern Construction LLC climbed to the No. 1 spot on the 2016 Rochester Chamber Top 100, the Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce and KPMG LLP announced Wednesday evening.
- Five Star Bank parent reports rise in net income
Financial Institutions Inc. reported net income available to common shareholders of $8.1 million in the third quarter, up from $7.95 million a year ago.
- Report: Many in Monroe County unprepared for retirement
Generation Xers and baby boomers in Monroe County are struggling to afford basic necessities and are unprepared for retirement, a new report from AARP New York and Siena College suggests.
- Transcat reports record revenues in second quarter
Transcat Inc. reported record revenue in its fiscal second quarter, along with a 2.1 percent rise in net income.
- Brighton Securities expands headquarters
Brighton Securities has expanded its offices, adding three new conference rooms, a larger reception and waiting area, eight new offices and a dedicated wing for tax services.
- McQuaid to break ground on $16M facility
Groundbreaking is set for Thursday at the campus of McQuaid Jesuit High School in Brighton for construction of a $16 million facility for science, technology, engineering and math.
- 'Letters from Georgia' to premiere at Eastman Theatre
“Letters from Georgia,” a collaboration between world-renowned soprano Renee Fleming and fellow Eastman School of Music alum Kevin Puts, is set to premiere in Rochester and New York City.
- RIT buys liquid metal 3D printing system
Rochester Institute of Technology has purchased its first liquid metal 3D printing system from Buffalo-based Vader Systems LLC, officials announced Tuesday.
Poll: Outsourcing blamed for job loss|
More than half of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll blame trade deals and outsourcing of jobs to lower-cost countries for the decline in manufacturing jobs over the last 25 years.
The poverty numbers|
Dozens of organizations and thousands of area residents are committed to the long battle against poverty here.
Public charters don't deserve second-class status|
New York must acknowledge the injustice of leaving charter school children to the mercy of charity to put a roof over their heads.
More From RBJ
- Jim Kelly opted long ago not to run for office, but that hasn't stopped him from playing a little political football.Can job creation today keep pace with job destruction?
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Obama cuts short sentences for another 98 federal inmates (10/27/2016 12:14:31 PM)
- Fox boss: We want to keep Megyn Kelly (10/27/2016 12:10:20 PM)
- Putin slams claims Russia meddling in US polls as 'hysteria' (10/27/2016 12:08:19 PM)
- Wisconsin student charged with assaulting 3 more women (10/27/2016 12:00:48 PM)
- Ex-Bill Clinton aide memo roils wife's campaign over ethics (10/27/2016 11:56:25 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >