- Finger Lakes region receives $80.5 million as a top performer
The Finger Lakes Regional Economic Development Council was recognized as a top performer at the sixth annual Regional Economic Development Council awards in Albany on Thursday and is to receive $80.5 million from the state toward its projects.
- William B. Morse Lumber to acquire Rochester Lumber
William B. Morse Lumber Co. will acquire Rochester Lumber Co., effective Dec. 31, officials said. Morse Lumber is a fifth-generation family-owned company that has served the greater Rochester market since 1853.
- IJC moves forward with Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River plan
Commissioners of the International Joint Commission on Thursday signed an updated order of approval for the regulation of water levels and flows in Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River.
- URMC pediatrics chief Nina Schor to retire
The University of Rochester Medical Center and Golisano Children’s Hospital chief of pediatrics Nina Schor M.D. plans to step down.
- Grant to aid Adolescent Mental Health Counselor program at Fisher
A federal grant announced Wednesday is geared toward the launch of a new program at St. John Fisher College to address the shortage of mental health providers for area children.
- RIT launches MicroMasters program in cybersecurity
Rochester Institute of Technology has launched a cybersecurity MicroMasters program with edX, officials said.
- Eastman School alumni up for Grammy awards
The Eastman School of Music announced late Tuesday the nomination of six alums for Grammy Awards.
Majority: Put Trump assets in blind trust|
Nearly three-fourths of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say President-elect Donald Trump should put his assets in a true blind trust with an independent trustee while he’s serving as president.
A running start|
President-elect Donald Trump hopes to achieve 4 percent annual GDP growth. And he will have a running start, inheriting an improving economy.
No time to rest on workforce development|
This “skills gap” affects a wide range of industries in New York and adds to the growing ranks of workers who feel stuck and underemployed.
More From RBJ
- I don't see Tiger Woods' back withstanding the stresses placed on it by his powerful swing.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- Navigating the minefield of long-term care insurance.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- 3 'Bailey kids' from 'It's A Wonderful Life' at NY festival (12/8/2016 8:22:43 PM)
- Spurs fall to Bulls 95-91 after winning first 13 road games (12/8/2016 8:17:06 PM)
- Authorities: Alabama executes man convicted of 1994 murder of convenience store clerk (12/8/2016 8:15:31 PM)
- Somali political leaders OK presidential polls for Dec. 28 (12/8/2016 8:04:18 PM)
- Tsunami warnings are cancelld after big Pacific earthquake (12/8/2016 8:01:55 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >