- Graham shares jump 14% after posting Q1 profit
Graham Corp. on Thursday reported flat income for its fiscal 2016 first quarter and a decline in revenues.
- Ultralife swings to profit for second quarter
Ultralife Corp. on Thursday reported a profit for the second quarter after posting a net loss a year ago.
- Area businesses to receive low-cost power
Several businesses in the region will receive low-cost power in exchange for retaining or creating jobs in New York under the ReCharge NY program, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday.
- Paychex Insurance Agency ranks among top U.S. brokers
Paychex Insurance Agency Inc. is among the top 100 insurance brokers in the nation, an industry magazine determined.
- Pharmacy school at St. John Fisher to launch new program
Wegmans School of Pharmacy at St. John Fisher College plans to launch a Continuing Professional Education program in the next three to six months.
- Transcat's stock edges upward on first-quarter profit jump
Transcat Inc.’s stock was up more than 4 percent Wednesday, after the company reported a strong start to its fiscal year. Net income for the quarter increased to $601,000, or 8 cents a diluted share, compared with $445,000, or 6 cents a diluted share, a year ago.
- URMC wins $1.65M grant for nurse practitioner residency
The University of Rochester Medical Center’s Department of Family Medicine has won a $1.65 million grant to fund creation of nurse practitioner residency, URMC officials said Wednesday.
- Area firms named 43North semifinalists
Several area firms are among 110 semifinalists from a pool of more than 3,000 submissions in a Buffalo business idea competition with a first prize of $1 million.
- Rochester gets points for healthy real estate market
Rochester has a healthy real estate market among the nation’s largest metro areas, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- IBM collaborates with RIT on cybersecurity program
IBM Corp. is teaming up with Rochester Institute of Technology to advance education for students in the cybersecurity program.
- RGRTA to add service, make improvements to Henrietta routes
Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority plans to add service and make improvements to some routes in Henrietta, company officials said this week.
- University of Rochester earns StormReady certification
The University of Rochester is the first private university in New York to be certified StormReady by the National Weather Service, officials announced Wednesday.
- Schumer seeks change in rule that limits use of security software
Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., issued a call to the federal government on Wednesday to suspend a proposed rule that limits Upstate New York’s electrical power grid companies, banks and telecommunication companies from some protections against cyberattacks.
Readers sound off on Trump 2016 bid|
More than 60 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll have an unfavorable opinion of Donald Trump. And more than half—54 percent—do not see Trump as a serious candidate.
The photonics promise|
The decision to base the new institute for integrated photonics here is a very big deal for Rochester.
The Dodd-Frank era: Five years and counting|
Clearly, the way one banks and with whom is changing.
More From RBJ
- Expectations are sky-high as the Bills open training camp.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- The newly appointed state Education Commissioner has a big job ahead.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Vaccine offers 100% Ebola protection: trial results (7/31/2015 7:06:09 AM)
- England win third Test against Australia, lead Ashes 2-1 (7/31/2015 7:04:08 AM)
- 164 skydivers set head-down world record in Illinois (7/31/2015 7:03:32 AM)
- Online viewers won't miss Super Bowl ads shown on TV (7/31/2015 7:02:13 AM)
- Wilson, Seahawks agree to terms on contract extension (7/31/2015 7:01:40 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >